Monday, March 2, 2009

Respond to the vedio

Is it that important to have the good accessibility to computer and internet?

I use computer around 2 hours a day, and I think a lot of people do the same thing. However, I personally think computer is not something neccessary in my life. I can probably survive with out internet and still live happily everyday, and I am guessing many people have the similar feeling.

For the case of myself, I live in a relatively good community and middle-high class area, there is no difficulty for me access up-to-date information and gain knowledge. However, in some poor communities and minority areas, schools teach badly and kids cannot obtain the knowledge they need. Computer becomes an important source and really help some people to stay competitive. Just like what the kids in the vedio said, "computer gave me a goal."

I think what the vedio really wants to tell us is that some people do not have the good accessbility to computer while they need them. And when we are very lucky to live in this nice community, we should be thinking there are some kids/people need help for their future.

Richard Huang

No comments:

Post a Comment