Friday, January 30, 2009

The Blog Potential

I believe this blog has the potential to be a third place. In looking over the 8 characteristics of a third place, this blog - right now - achieves 7 of them. We are on neutral ground (the Internet), it is a leveler. What else could we do on a blog besides having a conversation? We are regulars, attending to it throughout the semester. It (and we) have a low profile on here. Very acessible with access to the Internet and its a rather playful mood on here. I think its only lacking a home away from home. But in time, I think this blog will be a third place. It's a matter of us, the bloggers, being comfortable to share opinions and post. I do think it adds a lot of social capital. Hearing other peoples opinions will only broaden my thinking and knowledge of a subject in a way I never looked at it. There is a lot of potential here, we just need to utilize it.

No comments:

Post a Comment