Friday, January 30, 2009

a little about me


Hey everyone,

My name is Jake Sweitzer and like Danielle I too am a transfer student but from Edgewood which is over by Camp Randall. I'm new to the whole UW thing but so far I like it a lot. Being a Badger and even walking to class is pretty legit even though its about four degrees outside. Blogging is a new thing for me but hopefully it'll work out well. Some things I do in my spare time include lacrosse (I play for the UW team), video games (Call of Duty 5 and Halo 3), and reading (right now I'm working on In Cold Blood by Capote) are all favorite things of mine to do.


4 comments:

Hassan said...

I think me and you are very much alike haha except u seem to be much more athletic than me. I guess I am supposed to be critcquing your post but...i dont really know what that entails but im gonna go out on a limb and say you are a cool dude and we should get together to play Halo sometimes :)

Chris Stern said...

Hello Jake. I would hope you've seen the movie Capote (about the making of the book In Cold Blood), its one of the best films I've seen. Halo 3 is a great game. It must be awesome playing sports at the college level, I imagine its pretty exhausting though. One question would be why you chose to transfer to UW? Also what are you studying or interested in studying?

Brendan Shaughnessy said...

Welcome I'm new to the school and the blogging thing as well...hopefully we'll get a grasp on both in the near future. LaCrosse always looked like a good time (I played hockey all my life)

Jake Sweitzer said...

Im going to be a business marketing major if i can ever pass calc (right now its not lookin too good). The reason I chose to transfer was edgewood cost a lot of $$$$ that I didn't have. I was really excited when I got my semester tuition bill the other day for UW and it was pocket change compared to edgewood...and I have not seen Capote yet, its in my queue though for my mail blockbuster account.


oh and my xbox live tag is sweitzer122 hit me up if you want a challenge or some friendly newb mercin on halo or COD

Post a Comment