Friday, January 30, 2009

Our blog, a 3rd space?

Well I would have to think that our blog would qualify as a third space. When you look at the characteristics of a third space (see below) I would think that our blog fits most of those.

1. On neutral ground
-our blog is located on the internet, which in my opinion is a neutral site giving no person an advantage in our discussions. Its also a place where everyone, not just an exclusive demographic, can go to get information, entertainment, etc.
2. The third place is a leveler
-I don't know about you all but I feel on the same plane with everyone in here. I don't feel as though anyone is better/worse then I am, and that we are all free to speak on this blog.
3.Conversation is the main activity
-we have come to this blog and have joined this class to discuss our viewpoints, beliefs, etc. so obviously conversation and discussion is the main activity going on here.
4. Accessibility and accommodation
-everyone in this class can post their views and have access to the views of others. Much like a library where you can access the writings of different authors and no one can't check out a book.
5. Regulars
-as a class we are all going to be regularly contributing to this blog...

and i would go on but we are starting discussion again!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment