Friday, January 30, 2009

Post One

Hello. My name is Kevin. I am studying cartography and physical geography. I find maps and geography fascinating since it allow me to draw upon many fields, interests, and topics in constructing a view of the world. While this sometimes moves what I think about to a jack-of- all trades approach and master of none I enjoy the exposure to variety and discover of new things. I also enjoy backpacking, alpine climbing, and skiing whenever possible. Posting things about myself on the internet is completely new and most likely subsequent posts will leave out how I feel or my life and rather will focus on some point raised in class or additional things to think about regarding the class. Be Well.

2 comments:

jasonyarusso said...

I think that sometimes studying something that involves multiple fields is more interesting. It allows you to have a more well-rounded education. I like being good at many things even if it means I am not the best at anything.

jbrekke said...

Something that a lot of people don't know is that there is a second half of the saying: "A Jack of all trades but master of none is often better than a master of one." I too love learning random new things and seeing things I've learned make connections in dynamic and exciting ways.

Post a Comment